Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd. (HIL) markets and sells a wide range of products ranging from Power and Industrial Systems, Industrial Components & Equipment, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Equipment to International Procurement of software, materials and components. Some of Hitachi India's product range includes Semiconductors and Display Components. Hitachi also supports the sale of Projectors, and Interactive White Boards (StarBoard).
Some interesting facts about Hitachi:
- Hitachi first started out as an electrical repair shop for a copper mining company in Hitachi City.
- Hitachi's first products were electric motors.
- Hitachi, Ltd. was established in 1910.
- It took Hitachi 84 years to establish the 4 regional headquarters.
- The inherent meaning of is corporate statement "Inspire the Next" means to breathe life into the coming age.
- Hitachi is responsible for generating about 50% of Singapore's electric supply.
- The majority of mobile phones in Europe have a Hitachi component in them.
- Hitachi developed the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) which enables bills to be pressed and disinfected in 1994.
- Hitachi developed the world's 1st 4.7 GB DVD-RAM standard compliant DVD Camcorder in 2000.
- In the Japanese context, "Hi" means "Sun" while "tachi" means "Rise" which is why HITACHI is known as "Sunrise" i.e. "ri li" in Chinese/Japanese.
Hitachi Research & Development Centre in India is an institution consisting of world class researchers hailing from top Indian universities, as well as prestigious universities overseas. It is an integral part of Hitachi's global R&D network which has state-of-the-art laboratories at various locations around the world, Japan, U.K., France, Germany, USA, China, Singapore and Brazil, among others.